Simple Steps …
that anyone and any home can take to reduce carbon footprint and save on energy bills.
- Unplug your electronics. devices and chargers when not in use
- Wash only full loads of clothes. Use cold water to wash whenever possible
- Give your dryer a break and hang-dry your clothes instead
- Use a dishwasher it consumes one-third less hot water than hand washing
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow showerheads for additional energy savings.
- Give your A/C a break during summer time cool your home with fans and open windows.
- Check windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently (we provide and install them).
- Use ceiling fans to keep cool through summers, they circulate air and create a breeze.
- Use power strips for your home electronics and turn the power strips off when not in use.
- Replace your bulbs with more efficient CFLs or LEDs
Thank you for thinking about our environment!