DIY Home Sanitization
Home Made Bleach Based Sanitizer
To sanitize surfaces impacted by illness-causing agents such as bacteria or viruses most health authorities around the world recommend a solution of at least 1000+ parts per million (ppm ) of Chlorine in water.
Please remember that these homemade alternatives do not guarantee the same success rate as commercially available products.
What you need?
1/3 cup bleach per 1 gallon of water
4 tablespoons bleach per 1-quart (946 ml or 4 cups ) water.
- Mix the bleach and water in a container
- Shake well
- Empry into an easy to use container perferably with a sprayer head
This will give you a 1000+ ppm disinfecting solution. which should kill bateria and viruses. Make sure you shake well after each use.
Home Made Sanitizing wipes
Sanitizing wipes are convenient and easy to take with you. They have grown in popularity in recent months due to the current COVID-19 event and can be hard to find in stores nowadays.
Making them is easy, fun and cheap. Here we compiled instructions for making them. Please remember that these homemade alternatives do not guarantee the same success rate as commercially available products.
What do you need?
- 1 roll of paper towels OR equal amount of cut microfibre fabric OR even and old white shirt or socks!
- 1 quart ( 946 ml or 4 cups )
- 4 tablespoons of bleach
- 1 tablespoon baby oil
- square or round container with a lid
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half using a sharp knife. Or cut the shirt / socks into similar sized squares
- In bowl or quart size jar mix the water, bleach and baby oil and stir
- Add essential oils if desired and stir .
- Pour over paper towels in container and let absorb- this takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the container over to make sure wipes are well soaked.
- Seal container and open when needed